Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tool Time

I have discovered throughout this process that not only do I need to have the will to make this go of being healthy the successful one but you also need the support from those around you and also the right tools to make sure that I am on track with my goals. When I originally started my 100 day workout challenge I started by tracking on poster board showing the number of days I had worked out and each day I wrote what I had done that day to be active. Whether it was just taking a walk or what I did at the gym that day. Now I have selected to also get something that will track how active I am being throughout each day. I have some friends who have tried products like FitBit, Jawbone and similar monitors to track sleep, distance or steps travelled, etc. I have found that since I have started using my FitBit Flex Monitor I can see when I haven't been as active and make a more conscious effort to correct that by the end of the day. I selected this product because I needed something to help track what I am doing. The sleep tracker seems to shed some light on why I tend to be so tired when it seems I have been sleeping for hours on end. Now I'm not saying that I need this activity tracker to be successful but it couldn't hurt, right? 
I started writing this post probably about a month ago and finally was able to finish it today. At this point I have also started my 100 Day Challenge over again. As you know I hurt myself back in May while traveling in Memphis, TN and had planned on once I had healed I would start up again from where I left off. After thinking about I have decided to start completely over again! Wish me luck once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment